Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Cranberry Pie

Here's the pie I made on Pi day.


Ingredients (the amounts are pure guesswork, but you kind of can't go wrong):
Frozen puff pastry
4 cups frozen cranberries
1 1/2 cup sugar

1) Preheat the oven to 350 and defrost your puff pastry. If you have the forethought to put it in the fridge a few hours earlier, that's awesome. But I did it in the microwave, which took a few minutes.

2) Cover the bottom and sides of a pie plate with pastry dough.

3) Fill it with cranberries.

4) Cover the cranberries with sugar.

5) Cover it all with more pastry dough, sealing it all along the perimeter. Poke a few holes in the top so steam can escape.

4) Bake for one hour, or until the crust starts to brown and the cranberries are bubbling.

I don't have a photo of the finished product, because I didn't really plan on blogging this. But I couldn't resist! I ate this with Dounia and Will, had some champagne leftover from the Chili Cook-off, and watched the Bachelor finale. It was my 30th birthday.

No comments:

Post a Comment